[Image courtesy of Honeysuckle Photography]
Before I go off on all of the things I’d love to change in this upcoming year, I would love to take a step back and reflect on the amazing things 2010 brought me. It was a fantastic year in so many ways, and deserves a little tribute!
Top 10 of 2010:
1. Pickles came into our lives and added a whole lot more excitement. Probably my absolute favorite thing to occur this past year, she has been an incredible addition to our simple little lives!
2. I touched foot in three separate continents in just one year! With a late trip to London, I did a LOT of traveling this year, and am so thankful to have a job that allows me to get inspired by seeing so much that I would never get the chance to otherwise.
3. I have the best friends and family on the planet. This one never needs explanation, but I feel like every year they find a new way to up the ante. I love you all dearly, and you know who you are. (I wish you all were pictured here!)
4. I have the most amazing boyfriend in the universe. I’m still amazed that he never allows me to get bored or restless, always keeping things fun and interesting. The adorable little creativity-filled life I lead is in a huge part to him allowing me to be myself (my goofy, sometimes ridiculous, self) and still loving me because of it, let alone going crazy right along with me. I love him.
5. Finally finding my music genre (and D making up the “genre” that it is). What we will call “Soulful-Low-Fi-Indie-Folk-Pop”.
6. An amazing year in Fashion. Just when you think you have seen it all, you haven’t, and I can guarantee it’ll only get better from here.
7. Inspiring projects. I know I never share much here about work projects, and I probably never will because I like keeping them very VERY separate. This year brought some exciting new projects however both at work and home, and I can’t wait to see where they lead in the new year.
8. Inspiration. I feel like I was more inspired in 2010 to do and create new things than I ever have been before. It also of course balanced out with some of the biggest creative struggles, but the products that came of it were unheard of for me. I plan to keep this momentum going.
9. The struggles. I had some of the biggest struggles professionally this past year than I ever have faced. On that same note however, I am so thankful for that because it has built me up to be stronger and also shown me the people who have real faith in me and will fight for me when I need it. That alone is worth any struggle you can face.
10. Yet another year of learning more about myself. Every year you feel you know yourself a little better, but was it just me, or did 2010 really have a point to prove?
So with that, Thank you 2010… it was a great year, but I can’t wait to get 2011 off with a bang. I sense an even better year to come and can’t wait! I hope you all are off to a great start, and I will soon post my list of things I plan to conquer in the coming year, so stay tuned.